Let’s Go Barbera Tasting!
Join us September 12th & 13th
*Please make reservations at participating wineries BEFORE you purchase your Tasting Vouchers. Only purchase Tasting Vouchers if you already have reservations booked at participating wineries (not all Amador Vintners members are participating). Some facilities have already reached capacity for Saturday Sept 12, but do have availability for Sunday September 13. Scroll down to see participating wineries and instructions for making reservations at each location. You MUST have a printed ticket for each person at each location.
We can’t gather all in one place for the Barbera Festival this year, but we have worked with select Amador Vintners’ member wineries to bring you a full weekend with some amazing Barbera and food pairings. How does it work?
- See what’s happening. Review the offerings from each of the participating wineries below.
- Plan your adventure. Make reservations for Sept 12 and/or 13th at the wineries that you would like to visit.
- Secure your spot. Purchase your Barbera Festival Tasting Vouchers HERE.
- Come to Amador Wine Country. Show up at the wineries where you made reservations at the appropriate reservation time and surrender one tasting ticket for each person participating in the tasting.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy a Barbera-centric flight with a delicious food pairing and then take advantage of special offers exclusively for Barbera Festival patrons.
Important things to know…
- The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Please review our #SipSafely guidelines and procedures before your visit.
- Each Voucher is good for one (1) tasting experience for one (1) person at one (1) participating winery.
- Vouchers are redeemable only on Saturday September 12 and Sunday September 13 and only at the participating wineries listed below.
- Voucher holders are required to make reservations at participating wineries in advance. NOTE: Due to capacity restrictions at many locations reservations will fill up quickly, so make yours early!
- Vouchers are sold individually, minimum of 2 per purchase, and must be surrendered upon arrival at the winery. So if you are a couple coming to Amador and you are both tasting and you decide to visit three wineries you will need a total of six (6) vouchers.
2020 PARTICIPATING WINERIES
Tasting Flight: ’16 Est. Barbera, ’17 Barbera D’Amador, ’17 Painted Fields Red Blend (54% Barbera) & ’18 Rose (Estate Barbera & Est Zin)
Bella Grace Vineyards
Di Arie Vineyards
Tasting Flight: 2017 Barbera, 2017 Encontro ( A blend of Barbara, Primitivo, Zin), 2017 “Summer Breeze” A Red Chilled Wine for the Summer (a different blend of: Primitivo, Zinfandel and mainly Barbera).
Small Bite Pairing: 2017 Barbera: Fresh local fig, goat cheese, honey
2017 Summer Breeze:
Smoked salmon flatbread bite
Smoked duck blackberry gel, sourdough cracker
Weekend Specials: Purchase: 3 – bottles = 20%, / 6 – bottles = 25% / 12 Bottles = 30%
Reservations required: Monday through Friday call 530 620-6500; Saturday and Sunday 209 245-4700
UPDATE: Sunday, Sept 13 – HELWIG WINERY WILL BE CLOSED DUE TO POOR AIR QUALITY.
Barbera Festival voucher holders with current reservations can redeem at a later date.
Tasting Flight: 2017 Amador Barbera, 2017 Cooper Ranch Barbera and 3 additional wines subject to change.
Small Bite Pairing: Enjoy two small bites artfully designed to elegantly pair with Helwig Barbera. A Tasting Room Host will guide you through these original wine and food pairings created from our kitchen while discussing the relative components of each which create epicurean harmony!
Iron Hub Wines
Scott Harvey Wines
Tasting Flight: 2019 Jana Rosé of Barbera, 2017 Scott Harvey Mountain Selection Barbera, 2017 Scott Harvey J&S Reserve Barbera
Small Bite Pairing: Smoked Wild Salmon with Lemon Cranberry Coulis, Salame Soppressa and Sundried Tomato & Calamata Olive Concasse, Cave Ripen Italian Taleggio Castel Regio Washed Rind Formaggio with Mission Fig Smear with Sea Salt Almond Cracker (Gluten Free)
Reservations Required: 209.245.3670
Terra d'Oro Winery
Tasting Flight: 2018 Barbera, 2017 Exploration Barbera, 2017 Sangiovese, and 2017 Teroldego.
Small Bite Pairing: Specially selected Cheese bites (from Dedrick’s Cheese Shop) served on a logo cheese board paired with your exclusive wine flight.
Weekend Specials: We will be offering a 4 pack “Taste of Italy” special, as well as 25% off Harvest case specials (both are mix-n-match) on our selected Italian varietals. Merchandise and apparel specials too! Not combinable with other discounts.
Reservations Required: For reservations please call our winery direct at 209.245.6942 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasting Flight:Taste a special flight of Barbera from two different vineyard sites, showing how elevation and soil types shape the wine.
Small Bite Pairing: Enjoy some Olivado and Sun-dried-tomato Goat Cheese Spread with the tastes.
Weekend Specials: 15% off any wine purchase.
Reservations required: terrerougewines.com/Visit-Us/Tasting-Reservations; Phone: 209.245.4277